MAILING AND NETWORKING

We ae having some problem in mailing and networking with other hosts
in our Ethernet. Our Machine is Symbolics 3650 with Genera 7.2, IP-TCP 67.5,
and Mailer 17.0 running on it. The problems are::
  1) We can send mails to our local Ethernet hosts, but we can't receive
     mail from them.
  2) We can send mails to our local Ethernet hosts, but we can't send to
     other non-local hosts.
  3) We can't access any other hosts which requires routing.

The following is the Services we have added to the namespace of out Symbolics

	Services: CHAOS-STATUS CHAOS-SIMPLE CHAOS-STATUS
	Services: CONFIGURATION CHAOS CONFIGURATION
	Services: CONFIGURATION TCP CONFIGURATION
	Services: DOMAIN CHAOS DOMAIN
	Services: DOMAIN TCP DOMAIN
	Services: FILE TCP TCP-FTP
	Services: FILE TCP NFILE
	Services: FILE CHAOS NFILE
	Services: FILE UDP TFTP
	Services: FILE CHAOS QFILE
	Services: HARDCOPY CHAOS PRINTER-QUEUE
	Services: HARDCOPY CHAOS LGP
	Services: HARDCOPY-STATUS CHAOS PRINTER-QUEUE
	Services: LISPM-FINGER CHAOS LISPM-FINGER
	Services: LISPM-FINGER UDP LISPM-FINGER
	Services: MAIL-TO-USER CHAOS CHAOS-MAIL
	Services: MAIL-TO-USER TCP SMTP
	Services: MAIL-TO-USER CHAOS SMTP
	Services: NAMESPACE CHAOS NAMESPACE
	Services: NAMESPACE-TIMESTAMP CHAOS-SIMPLE NAMESPACE-TIMESTAMP
	Services: PRINTER-CONTROL CHAOS PRINTER-QUEUE
	Services: PRINTER-QUEUE-CONTROL CHAOS PRINTER-QUEUE
	Services: SEND TCP SMTP
	Services: SEND CHAOS SEND
	Services: SEND TCP SEND
	Services: SEND CHAOS CONVERSE
	Services: SHOW-USERS CHAOS NAME
	Services: SHOW-USERS TCP ASCII-NAME
	Services: SHOW-USERS UDP ASCII-NAME
	Services: STORE-AND-FOWARD-MAIL TCP SMTP
	Services: STORE-AND-FORWARD-MAIL CHAOS CHAOS-MAIL
	Services: TIME UDP TIME-SIMPLE-MSB
	Services: UPTIME CHAOS-SIMPLE UPTIME-SIMPLE

The following is an example namespace of another host of our Ethernet which
we want to communicate with (ex. a UNIX Machine)

	Services: CONFIGURATION TCP CONFIGURATION
	Services: DOMAIN TCP DOMAIN
	Services: DOMAIN CHAOS DOMAIN
	Services: FILE TCP TCP-FTP
	Services: LISPM-FINGER UDP LISPM-FINGER
	Services: LOGIN TCP TELNET
	Services: MAIL-TO-USER TCP SMTP
	Services: MAIL-TO-USER CHAOS CHAOS-MAIL
	Services: MAIL-TO-USER CHAOS SMTP
	Services: SEND TCP SMTP
	Services: SEND TCP SEND
	Services: SHOW-USERS TCP ASCII-NAME
	Services: SHOW-USERS UDP ASCII-NAME
	Services: STORE-AND-FORWARD-MAIL TCP SMTP
	Services: STORE-AND-FORWARD-MAIL CHAOS CHAOS-MAIL
	Services: STORE-AND-FORWARD-MAIL CHAOS SMTP
	Services: TIME UDP TIME-SIMPLE-MSB

We have no problems in doing other network operations as ftp, show-users, or telnet.
Any kind of comments would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Wongyu Cho from KAIST(Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)

E-Mail Address::
	wgcho@csd.kaist.ac.kr
	wgcho%csd.kaist.ac.kr@relay.cs.net
	wgcho%csd.kaist.ac.kr@uunet.UU.NET

UUNET address is preferred due to the communication cost.