Two quick questions

I have two quick (I hope) questions.

1.  Is "Enable IDS" still necessary in boot files?
    I believe this was used to allow you to save incremental
    worlds, but it doesn't seem necessary any more.  True?

2.  Is there a way to reorder displayed-presentations so that
    smaller ones are on top of larger ones?  We are presenting
    graphics of various sizes on a window and if a user creates
    a small one, then a big one whose bounding box encompasses
    the small one, there is no way to get back to the small one.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-tom