Security Considerations for Genera 8.0

SLUG'ers:

	I realize that I this topic has been on the net before,
but I would like to see a recap.
	What, if any, facilities are there for improving the
console security on a Symbolics. I can demonstrate to local net
administrators that I can control net access to Symbolics machines,
but I cannot easily show how I can control access to the machine
through its own console. Other than bringing the machine down, or
locking up the console, what choices do I have.
	I have seen methods for adding "security hacks" to world
loads such as disabling h-c-Function, but I don't like that solution.
	Finally, will we finally get some console or "login" security
as part of Genera 8.0?

					- David Mittman
					  DMittman@Robotics.JPL.NASA.GOV