RE: Unix FTP file protections.

    Date: Tue, 28 Nov 89 17:11 PST
    From: snicoud@atc.boeing.com (Stephen Nicoud)

    Last week I sent out a question about controlling UNIX file protections with
    FTP.

       Date: Mon, 20 Nov 89 10:13 PST
       From: snicoud@atc.boeing.com (Stephen Nicoud)

       How can I control the default file protections when I create Ultrix/Unix
       files from my Symbolics using FTP or NFS?

    Since then, I dug up this message which seems to address the question.

In order to take advantage of this information, you'll have to modify
the Lispm TCP-FTP client software to send the "SITE UMASK nnn" prior to
the "STOR filename" command.  There's currently no mechanism for sending
user-specified FTP commands over the connection.

                                                barmar