Are "destructive" functions really destructive?

   From: rshu@ads.com (Richard Shu)
   Date: 1 Dec 89 02:56:03 GMT

   Yeah, but don't define DELETEF on a Symbolics or you'll redefine the
   GLOBAL symbol DELETEF which is used to delete files!  I did this once
   a couple of years ago and spent several hours trying to figure out
   why the system was acting so funny.

The only DELETEF I can find on my machine is ZL:DELETEF, which is only
inherited by Zetalisp packages, not Common Lisp packages.  If you're still
programming in Zetalisp you get what you deserve.  But you say that you
lost a few years ago; perhaps it was prior to Genera 7.0, which I think is
when Common Lisp became the default environment.

						barmar