DRAFT Agenda for SLUG/SMBX Meeting of 15 December

    Date: Tue, 19 Dec 89 14:45:36 -0600
    From: Kenneth Forbus <forbus@cs.uiuc.edu>

    This is old news: IF you had continuous harware maintenance contracts,
    various changes and modifications got done for you as part of them.
    If you cannot afford such luxuries, then you do not, and have to pay
    for them, through the nose, cash on the barrelhead.  That's why you
    haven't heard of it, and I have all too well.

    It gets worse: I was sold the hardware upgrades to run 7.0, and then
    Symbolics wanted MORE money to upgrade them to run 7.2!  Grumble,
    grumble, grumble...

Those weren't upgrades, they were ECOs, i.e. bug fixes.  Since you don't
have a service contract, you have to pay for them.  No one gets bug
fixes, either hardware or software, for free.

                                                barmar