UX400S: a decent machine

   Date: Thu, 18 Jan 90 13:22 CST
   From: dmitchell@backus.trc.amoco.com (Donald H. Mitchell)

   One of my minor beefs about NFS and TCP/IP is that the Symbolics can't
   read or request the info from a Unix nameserver but has to have a
   Symbolics style namespace available.  Of course, I may have missed
   something.

The Unix Yellow Pages database is missing much of the information that
Genera wants.  It doesn't have anything equivalent to System Type, which is
necessary if you want to access a host as a file server (the Lispm has to
know the OS so that it knows the appropriate pathname syntax), or Services.

Genera *will* use domain servers for non-local hosts.

						barmar