Lazy Presentation Types? (was CLIM info)

Does CLIM have any capability for "lazy" presentation types?

What I mean by lazy is that there is no effective presentation type
until some event occurs.  For instance if I click my mouse in the
editor, the presentation types for character, word, s-expr, line,
etc. become active (within some local scope).  Whether or not they
cache this type is up for argument.

The point here is that you don't have tons of presentations to clutter
up the system and that they are created in response to some event.
This could be extended to allow promotion of the type (i.e., from char
to word to s-expr) in response to additional events (i.e., dragging, a
second click, etc.)

Is my intuition that this approach would be inexpensive correct?

--
Eric A. Raymond  (raymond@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov)
G7 C7 G7 G#7 G7 G+13 C7 GM7 Am7 Bm7 Bd7 Am7 C7 Do13 G7 C7 G7 D+13: Elmore James