Stipple Editor???

In Symbolics' documentation volume 7B "Programming the User Interface-Dictionary"
(for release 7.2) on page 450 under the description of the :STIPPLE option to
drawing functions there is the following:
	"You can create your own stipple patterns using the stipple editor
	which, if it is loaded, is invoked by pressing SELECT |."
What the hell is the stipple editor? How do I load it?
Is there a general purpose bitmap editor available for the Symbolics (the Font
Editor doesn't cut it as a general purpose tool)? Specifically, I am interested
in a tool that can read MacPaint and/or TIFF files and write Symbolics IMAGE
files or Lisp arrays.
	Thanx,
	Len Charest