Will we have to pay for DELIVERY of code that uses CLIM???

Date: Wed, 14 Feb 90 10:41 PST
From: Eric Buckman <BUCKMAN@ALAN.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com>
Subject: Will we have to pay for DELIVERY of code that uses CLIM???
To: slug@ALAN.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com

Does anybody know what Symbolics intentions are with regard to delivering CLIM code
on machines that are not being used for development.  Specifically, we have a
lab that develops code for use on machines that are spread through out our
Corporation.  It is our intent to get a CLIM site license for the development
lab.  I was wondering if Symbolics was planning a tact similar to what
they do with Fortran.  That is, with Fortran, we can deliver code written on
a machine that what licensed for Fortran onto a machine that is NOT licensed
for FORTRAN. Symbolics will let you put a runtime FORTRAN  library on delivery
machines for free.  Is Symbolics intending to include a runtime CLIM library on
all Genera 8.0 machines???,  or do we need trade-off sticking with DW, vs.
moving to CLIM, and incurring a delivery cost on every delivery.

Thanks for the word.

Eric Buckman, Lockheed