More on Genera 8.0

    Date: Wed, 21 Feb 90 11:37:58 EST
    From: buff%pravda@gatech.edu (Richard Billington)

    About the ability to run more than one Symbolics from a Sun, as I
    remember it the UX400 needs only a single slot in a Sun, and the
    Sparc 330 (the minimal Sparcstation taking symbolics boards) has three
    slots that it can go in. Does this mean: 1 x SPARCstation 330, 2 x
    additional 300+Mb disks, 2 Xterminals, 3 Symbolics UX400S and software
    YIELDS three near-top-end Symbolics? Do we need more than ethernet
    port to make this work effectively?

I think this is so.  One problem might be the contention for the Sun
processor and disk controller time, since all the UX400S's must go
through the host Sun for I/O to the network and disks.

                                                barmar