sliders for user input.

    Does anyone have a nice implementation of a slider of the sort that
    the sunview uims give you?  In fact, i need three parallel ones, to
    setup a colour screen.  I would have guessed that the colour system
    might already have such a thing, but it was not evident in the
    color demos...

Such sliders do exist in the color system, though I don't recall offhand
whether you can get at them from the demos.  I think the "color editor"
is the right place to look, and it used to be included with the standard
color system.  S-Paint uses them for the purpose you describe.