about time

    I have read with interest the articles about reseting network time
    as we have the same situation Steve Nicoud is experiencing. But none
    has answered the main question of how to figure out which machine is
    supplying the bogus time. #'net-print-host-times just prints the times
    on the lisp machines. What would help (me) a great deal is simply an
    explanation of how the machine figures out what time it is when it is
    booted. Doesn't the internal calendar clock keep running even when in
    the fep? Then why always go to the network to get the (wrong) time when
    booted? Can I at least isolate the problem to one of the machines in our
    namespace? As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

    Bill <bouma@cs.purdue.edu>