ILA NFS (hiding version number)

GNUemacs provide the capability to have numeric version file on UNIX machine. I
changed the code in such a way that these files are hidden (by prefixing their
basename with a dot .) So they are still present, but they do not show up when
you do a plain "ls".

I think it is a very nice feature, because after all you do not want to see all
these numeric files all other your directories. I wanted to do the same
thing with ILA NFS (which provides numeric version file in a similar way).
Unfortunately, we do not have the sources, and I could not find any variable
which would toggle such setting.

Any hints or patch?

Felix