Bundling of layered software

    Date: Tue, 20 Mar 90 14:32 EET
    From: ROIMSE%METLA%ROUTER.FUNET.FI@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM (Hannu
	  Saarenmaa)

    There has been lots of discussion of bundling software on other platforms
    than Symbolics also.  For instance, many business-oriented operating
    systems now include a relational database runtime engine.  Most of the
    development tools are still extras.  If we have a scientific /engineering
    object-oriented operating system, would it be logical to bundle an
    OODBMS and hypertext with it?
    Hannu Saarenmaa

ODB (Object Databases, Inc.) in Cambridge, Mass is marketing
Graphael's G-BASE system. We (PANGARO Incorporated) are now
converting our hypermedia-based training system (THOUGHTSTICKER) to
G-BASE, for our existing client (a nuclear power utility). The
combination is quite powerful and of interest to many applications.
So, I think the answer to your question is, absolutely. Clearly their
should be a close relationship between "operating system", "database"
and "training/help/documentation" facilities, just as you are
suggesting.

Best,
PANgaro