How do I search regular expression in Zmacs?

    Date: Tue 27 Mar 90 15:06:40-CST
    From: AI.WSHEN@MCC.COM (Wei-Min Shen)

    Hi, Can you tell me how to search a regular expression in Zmacs?
    For example, if I want to delete all the numbers in a file, how
    do I do that?

Many Zwei searching and matching commands allow you to enter "extended
search characters", which are similar to regular expressions; when these
are permitted the prompt will say "(Extended search characters)" at the
right.  For example, m-X List Matching Lines permits this, and there's a
c-m-X Extended String Search command.  Extended search characters are
entered as c-H followed by another character, and appear as lozenges in
the string; type c-H <Help> when you're in an extended search prompt to
see all of them.

The only problem is that it doesn't really work.  Even fairly simple
expressions don't work.  Also, neither Query Replace nor Replace String
permit extended searching, so I'm not sure how you'd delete just the
strings that matched a search.

                                                barmar