How do I search regular expression in Zmacs?

    Date: Tue, 27 Mar 90 23:08 EST
    From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

    Also, neither Query Replace nor Replace String
    permit extended searching, so I'm not sure how you'd delete just the
    strings that matched a search.

Keyboard macros.

Write a keyboard macro that repeatedly searches, queries if you like
using c-X Q, then edits what's at the position found by the search.
I used to do this all the time back when I was a hardware designer,
and I still do it occasionally.

Now that Lotus 1-2-3 has made keyboard macros mainstream, we don't have
to apologize any more for not having a more polished facility for this
sort of thing, right? :-}