detecting the live user

    Date: Thu, 29 Mar 90 15:52:41 EST
    From: jwalker@crl.dec.com

    I'm trying to do some user monitoring research.  I need to
    know, given a particular time interval, whether the person
    used the mouse only, the keyboard only, or both (NOT
    either).  Does anyone know whether there are existing
    primitives that enable me to determine when the last
    activity of a given type occurred?  I know about
    tv:kbd-last-activity-time but that seems to be an inclusive
    OR, which is the only case I'm not interested in right now.

    Jan
    jwalker@crl.dec.com

You could look at the idle time of the Keyboard and Mouse processes.

                                                barmar