dotimes without local variable

    Date: Tue, 17 Apr 90 17:45:32 MDT
    From: yuter@virga.ucar.EDU (sandy yuter)

    I am trying to clean up some Pixar software
    which uses a construct like the following
    fairly often:

    (loop for i from 0 to 5 do
      (setf (single-step-register processor) 0))

    the problem is that when compiled this form causes the
    warning that i is never used

Welcome to the wonderful world of Genera 8.0!  We also have lots of code
like that, and I'm slowly fixing it up.

    Is there a construct in Lisp that handles
    the equivalent of dotimes without declaring
    a variable?

(loop repeat 6 do
  ...)

is what you want.

    Also, how do I get onto this mailing list?

Send mail to slug-request@warbucks.ai.sri.com.

                                                barmar