[p2@Porter.ASL.dialnet.symbolics.com: Cold Load Stream]

Forwarded by p2 =>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 90 10:16-0000
From: Peter Paine <p2@Porter.ASL.dialnet.symbolics.com>
Subject: Cold Load Stream
To: BSUG@Porter.ASL.dialnet.symbolics.com
cc: p2@Porter.ASL.dialnet.symbolics.com

Could anyone help.

I've been a real wally. Last night I got on a real burn and wrote some
good optimisation code. At about 1am I stupidly put a without-interrupts
around some graphics drawing routines. I cannot remember what I did but
I was suddenly sent down to the FEP.

I had not saved a thing for far too long.
After many tries I got the machine to warm boot but can get no further
than the cold load stream. At:
>Emergency breakpoint Booted from LISP-REINITIALIZE; type (RETURN) to exit.
(RETURN) goes back to the FEP.
However, I can hack it enough to read some of the machine state if I do
not type (RETURN).

Although (ed) and (zwei:save-all-files) causes the machine to hang,
I can see my important buffer in the ZWEI:*ZMACS-BUFFER-LIST*.

My question: is there any way to list out the contents of buffer so that
I can read it and copy by hand to another machine?

<= p2
<= Forwarded by p2