Express Windows Compilation Problems

I am trying to compile Express Windows (EW) on a Symbolics under Genera 7.2.
I'd like to know if anyone out there has managed to compile EW successfully
on a Symbolics.

I'd like to report 2 versions of the breaks that I am getting::

a) While compiling Express-Windows after loading the CLX and CLOS (actually PCL)
   versions supplied by Liszt,   the Lisp machine stops itself at the
   FEP prompt while compiling io-functions.lisp.

b) The situation is slightly better while compiling EW under Rainy Day PCL and
   the same version of CLX.  This time it complains that ew:define-program-framework
   is undefined (this occurs in file lisp-window.lisp).

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Email: ramu%tcipro.uucp@unix.sri.com