Raster image to file

    Date: Wed, 9 May 90 15:11 EDT
    From: davel@whutt.att.com

    I have no doubt that this has been asked before, but I don't know the
    answer and I thought someone out there would.  I would like to dump
    a color screen to a file in a way analogous to <function-Q>.  I would
    be happy with any format which could then be redisplayed, but I would
    need a description of the format (the files may be displayed on an X
    server).  Could someone explain how to do this or send the code
    necessary?
To save the color screen as an IMAN image you can use

  (COLOR:SAVE-WINDOW color:color-screen :load-or-save :save :where :file :file "fep0:>SCREEN"
	:ask Nil)

or something similar (you can control the format of the resulting image by specifying more
arguments).  To hook it up to a function key, you use (TV:ADD-FUNCTION-KEY #\<your-char> '<your-function>).

If you want to integrate it seamlessly into <Function>Q, you'll have to modify some system code, but
that shouldn't be hard; I suspect you can even do it upward-compatibly using ADVISE.  Hope that's enough
to get you going...
    Thanks

    David Loewenstern
    AT&T Bell Laboratories