MacIvory RPC

    Date: Mon, 14 May 90 16:14-0000
    From: peter@skywalker.ENTERPRISE.dialnet.symbolics.com (Peter Magee)

    We have a MacIvory here and we want to talk between it and HyperCard.
    The demo system shows me how to call intiate transactions from HyperCard
    but I want to be able to initiate a transaction from Lisp.  Is there a
    simple way of doing this. I want to do as little C programming as
    possible.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

    PTMagee

I think you would have to call the Macintosh routine "Launch" to start
up the HyperCard application.  When you launch an application you can
tell it what file to operate on (this is what the Finder does when you
open a document rather than opening the application), so you should
specify the stack that implements the communication with Lisp.  This
assumes that your goal is to have Lisp query Hypercard for something.
If your goal is just to put the user into an interactive Hypercard
session then you can just launch Hypercard with no document file and it
will go to the default home stack.

                                                barmar