gis software wanted

>From:  ROIMSE%METLA%ROUTER.FUNET.FI@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM (Hannu)
>Newsgroups: bcr.digest.slug

> We would need an inexpensive GIS (Geographic Information System) package
> for Symbolics.  Is there any such system available?   We need to access
> both vector and raster (satellite imagery) data and have some simple
> map presentation, layer combination, and distance operators available.
>
> Hannu Saarenmaa
> Finnish Forest Research Institute, Helsinki
> in%"saarenmaa@csc.fi"     fax +358-0-625308

If you find one, could you please post the results?

[I sent this back to SLUG since I could not generate the correct return
path to the author.]

Thank you,

Leslie Walko
attila@bellcore.com

p.s. Statice works quite well for certain GIS applications.  It does not
have distance operator primitives, but if your data is point based, that
should be trivial issue.