unexpunging files

    Date: Thu, 17 May 90 10:15 PDT
    From: Reti@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Kalman Reti)

    As Barmar points out, this previous paragraph is wrong (not much thought went into
    my afterthought).  I had forgotten that as part of expunging a file LMFS zeros out
    the first header record (called the R0) record, which makes the data of the file
    irretrievable.  I probably forgot about this because I consider it a bug; if it
    weren't for this, what I said would have been true.

If the salvager *could* unexpunge files, it should only do so as an
option.  I wouldn't want my periodic salvages to go around unexpunging
all the deleted files on the system.

                                                barmar