Future of Customer Support???

    Date: Sat, 26 May 90 19:07 EDT
    From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

    I personally am glad that Software Support is moving to Burlington.  I
    believe that their location in Chatsworth was due to two factors.

    First there was the thinking that they should be colocated with Hardware
    Support, which needs to be located near Manufacturing, as they both need
    similar spare part inventories, test equipment, and expertise.  By the
    same reasoning Software Support should be located near Software
    Development, but this was ignored.

It was also the brainchild of one of the zillion past managers, one
Larry Rostetter, whose plan it was to move them all to Chatsworth
"because there's nowhere else to go there" thus they would be a captive
labor market.    There's lots more interesing philosophy where this came
from.  7thson, are you out there?