Storing lispm files on Unix boxes vs Unix

I was getting really upset at how many sources we didn't have for 8.0 until I
found out what happened...

We stored most of the 8.0 sources on a Unix host (via NFS).  All was
fine and we had about 110MB of space used up by them (including the
layered products we have).   In the last few days, I had griped about
some sources not being there when I thought they should.  I'd go back to
7.2 sources and they'd be there.

Today I found some documentation files weren't there and I was quite
unhappy.  I then looked at how much room we were using on the Unix host
and found out it was only 3MB.

It turns out we run a program to delete "useless" files on our Unix host
(such as core, a.out :-).  One thing it deletes are files that end in
"~" (eg, Gnuemacs backup files) after 7 days without access.  *ALL* the
files stored under our rel-8-0.sct directory ended in that character
(ie, "foo.bar.~99~").

So, if you think about storing Lispm files on your Unix box, make sure you
don't get bit by this!  (Anybody have good solutions?  We're trying to figure
out what we want to do.  We've turned off deleting those files for now.)

Is it true that Sprint is now advertising that Unix is a trademark of AT&T?