Copy Bug Reports to SLUG? (was Re: problem with ux400)

    Date: Fri, 29 Jun 90 17:19 EDT
    From: Paul Pangaro <pan@Athena.Pangaro.Dialnet.Symbolics.Com>

	Date: Fri, 29 Jun 90 11:01 PDT
	From: BUCKMAN@ALAN.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com (Eric Buckman)

	    Date: Fri, 29 Jun 90 10:21 EST
	    From: Len%AIP1%TSD%atc.bendix.com@RELAY.CS.NET

	    Date: Fri, 29 Jun 90 10:19 EDT
	    From: Len Moskowitz <Len@HEART-OF-GOLD>
	    Subject: Copy Bug Reports to SLUG? (was Re: problem with ux400)
	    To: "3077::IN%\"SLUG@warbucks.ai.sri.COM\""@TSD1

	    Chuck Fry writes:

	    [......]

	    You pre-suppose that all SLUG readers have current maintenance
	    contracts.  Here at Bendix we don't, though we used to.

    [...]

	I'd have to disagree, especially when you talk about: 1There are fixes out there
	that we'll never see (or perhaps see very late in an ECO tape) simply because
0	1we're not plugged into the Symbolics support system.0  I think what you are
	asking for is an easy, FREE, way to get at the information that in many cases
	originates from Symbolics to PAYING software support customers.  What you are
	doing is raising the cost of software support to me, by getting some of the
	benefits, but not paying for your share.   [...]

    Come off it.

    Best,
    PANgaro

Well, I guess I pissed you off :-)).  It wasn't my intention, I guess using
capital letters was a little harsh.  It just was a point that I thought was
relevant.  I guess I made the point too strongly (you know how
hard it is to get the right tone in e-mail messages). Anyway, I do think passing out
information generated by Symbolics customer support over SLUG is something (at
least to me anyway) similar to sending out their source code over SLUG.

Nuff said.

eric