help getting screen dumps

    Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 23:18:40 EDT
    From: rpg@cs.brown.edu

    Does anyone have any software that will take symbolics windows and
    turn them into x bitmaps?
This should work in 8.0.  There is a <function>Q variant
that will save a window as an image in virtual memory, and then the
:WRITE IMAGE FILE command supports the X bitmap format.  However,
I believe the image-substrate system that supports this is only
distributed with Concordia.  I'm lobbying inside Symbolics to get
that changed.
			       You see, we don't have lgp2 support (and
    brown won't spring for it simply to illustrate my thesis) or in fact,
    any printer support for the symbolics', and I need to get some
    screendumps into a format that our suns can understand and hand off to
    our printers.

    Any help would be immensely appreciated.

    Robert