Xl1200 as x server

Just a few amplifications of Scott's message...

    Date: Thu, 2 Aug 90 14:48 EDT
    From: SWM@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Scott McKay)

	Date: Thu, 2 Aug 90 14:23 EDT
	From: miller@GEM.cam.nist.gov (Bruce R. Miller)

	    Date: Thu, 2 Aug 90 10:06 EDT
	    From: SWM@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Scott McKay)

		Date: Mon, 30 Jul 90 12:20:37 EDT
		From: bart@nynexst.com (Bart Burns)

[...]

    On the console of the SPARCstation, we were running DocEx, Zmail, etc.
    It all just works.

Certain older applications will only come up on the main console, or
will only come up on a single console per cold-boot.  I think the
Inspector was one of the former, and ZMail is one of the latter.  A lot
of these were found and fixed for 8.0.

[...]

	Finally, rumor had it that in previous incarnations the X client (or was it the
	server?) was fairly buggy.  Is the 8.0 version better?

    Lots of time and effort were spent making all of this stuff work
    properly so that the UX400S could be made to work.  It works very well
    these days.

The UX400S doesn't use the X server, so it hasn't received as much
attention.  The X client is really solid now.