SLUG-90 Proceedings are ready.

    Date: Tue, 21 Aug 90 21:18 EDT
    From: miller@GEM.cam.nist.gov (Bruce R. Miller)

    2) Does anyone object to my posting this? especially you DialNet'rs?
    The file is 72K, in scribe format. [If so; Alternatives?]

I really don't think 72K mail messages are appropriate.  I especially
hate waiting while Zmail sits there counting the lines.

Has anyone thought about splitting up the SLUG mailing list so that it
would be easy to send mail only to those recipients who are not in the
Internet.  Large files could be mailed to those people, while the rest
of us could use FTP.

Another possibility is the use of mail file servers.  These are programs
that accept mail that contains the name of a file to be retrieved, and
mails the file back to the sender.  This technology is in use for many
mailing list archives, public domain software repositories, the DDN
Network Information Center.

                                                barmar