telnet and ftp access

    Date: Fri, 21 Sep 90 17:17 PDT
    From: DE@PHOENIX.SCH.Symbolics.COM (Doug Evans)

	Date: Fri, 21 Sep 90 14:17:07 MDT
	From: riedesel@daneel.den.mmc.com (Billy Joel)

	Ok, I just got 8.0 loaded on our 3640.
	Now Icannot seem to telnet or ftp to it.  I keep getting connections refused.
	I have the ip-tcp system loaded and services enabled.

    There was an explicit change to TCP security in 8.0.

As a matter of fact, it was made in 7.2.2. I also cannot telnet to my
machines, although I can get ftp access (and I made the namespace changes way
back when I brought up 7.2.2). I have changed to a new cable which has a
non-default netmask (0xffffff00). There's no obvious way of telling the
lispm's this, and not being much of a network type (a) does the Symbolics not
care? and (b) if it does care, how is it told this information. I'm inclinded
to beleive (a) since I can get ftp access. Also, I'm posting this to the net
because I'm following up on a conversation AND I've gotten no reply or
acknowledgement from customer-reports since I mailed my report in a few days
ago.