internet to dialnet - how to do?

    Date: Mon, 8 Oct 90 11:51:52 MDT
    From: drstrip@cs.sandia.gov (David R Strip [1411])

    How do I (an internet user) send mail to a
    dialnet address?
    drstrip@cs.sandia.gov

You need to know the DIALNET address of your recipient,
which typically looks like, e.g.,
JFK@BOLD-EAGLE.VARIAN.DIALNET.SYMBOLICS.COM
where BOLD-EAGLE is the host which is the domain server for
the Varian site.
You enter this address in the "To" or "cc" field of
your message as usual.
The message will be sent on the INTERNET to the
appropriate domain server for the SYMBOLICS.COM domain.
This server will know how to handle messages addressed to
users on hosts in the DIALNET subdomain.

I am currently maintaining the SLUG dialnet database,
so feel free to contact me for more info if needed.

Regards,
Joe Karnicky