[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 90 17:37 CST
From: cj@GUINEVERE.tamu.edu (Chuan Jun Su)
Is it possible to use a Hayes compatible?
I am currently using a Hayes smartmodem 1200 in
autoanswer mode and it seems to work pretty well
with the following reservations:
(1) I had to modify the defmethod (:dial-the-phone hayes-modem) in
modems.lisp to get my modem to use dial tones rather than pulse dialing.
I was told how to accomplish this same result by changing the subnets
patterns, but I forget how to do it.
(2) Frequently, my system gets into a state where it is not possible for
me to successfully probe Riverside. My modem goes off hook, dials,
Riverside answers, and I see a carrier detect. However, the carrier is
then immediately lost. This seems to be a Riverside-specific problem
as I can successfully dial up other (non-Symbolics) computers.
I'm currently working with Symbolics software support on sorting out
what's going on.
- From: kma@SAMSON.cadr.amis.com (K. Mark Alexander)
- Modems - hack
- From: email@example.com (Peter Paine)
- From: Foner@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Leonard N. Foner)
- From: cj@GUINEVERE.tamu.edu (Chuan Jun Su)