RE: VT100 emulation

Reference - Dave Grossman's VT100 emulation problems

We have the same problems with Release 8 VT-100 (Rel 7.2 worked fine for us)
in connecting to our VAX VMS 5.3 systems.  We arn't using VI but GNU EMACS
and just doing simple things like reading VMS mail no longer works all the
time.  It seems to be related with lines that get "auto-wrapped" within a
window but it acts differently each time.  The terminal emulator fails to
increment its idea of the location of the screen cursor in certain situations.
We've reported the problem to software support but since the error occurs
randomly (yet often) and is caused because of network interaction with hosts
that more than likely they don't have we, software support has been of no
help.