1Re: Customer Reports0

    Date: Tue, 4 Dec 90 17:20 EST
    From: miller@SOL.CS.ROCHESTER.EDU (Brad Miller)

	Date: Tue, 04 Dec 90 11:39:02 -0500
	From: mac@trantor.harris-atd.com

	  Has anyone heard back from Symbolics on why the 8.0.1 flod files don't work
	on all the machines.

    We had this problem on a 40. We were told the problem is if the new flod
    files are used to create a file on a disk formatted with the old ones, you
    will corrupt something such that during clear memory you get the FEP reset
    (bus error).

I don't understand this explanation.  Since when can you create files
from the FEP?  Do you mean Disk Restore'ing an IFS tape?  Other than
that, the FEP can only write into pre-existing files.

                                                barmar