Re: Strange network congestion

We had this problem, but fixed it by changing the define-server for :tftp
using medium :udp.  (I do not remember if the code was provided by Symbolics
or we changed it ourselves.)  We were told at the time that it would be
included in Genera 8.0.  The basic fix it to ignore all such packets unless
they are addressed to you.   This fixes it for the broadcast packets relating
to Unix trying to make a connection.  We have had no problems of this type
since the installation of the patch roughly 12 months ago.  (Code available)
	Keith Price
	price@usc.edu