Comppiler error printing errors or warnings

The first time that I use the compiler after booting,  I get
the following error message the first time the compiler hiccups.
(It would keep giving this message except that I do s-sh-C and
tell it to store *standard-output* as the value of t.

What gives?

Here's the error message ---

The following functions were referenced but don't seem defined:

Trap: The function T is undefined.

(:INTERNAL PRESENT 0 DW::WITH-TYPE-METHOD)
   Arg 0 (COMPILER:.LEXICAL-ENVIRONMENT-POINTER.): (HOLES SYS:FUNCTION-SPEC (:STREAM T) T ...)
   Arg 1 (DW::REAL-PRESENTATION-TYPE): SYS:FUNCTION-SPEC
   Arg 2 (FUNCTION): #<DTP-COMPILED-FUNCTION (DW::PRESENTATION-FUNCTION SYS:FUNCTION-SPEC SYS:P
RINTER) 20041043053>
   Arg 3 (IGNORE): SYS:PRINTER
   Arg 4 (IGNORE): NIL
s-A, :    Supply a value to use this time as the definition of T
s-B, s-sh-C:   Supply a value to store permanently as the definition of T
s-C:           Retry the %MEMORY-READ instruction
s-D, :    Editor Top Level
s-E:           Restart process Zmacs Windows