Comppiler error printing errors or warnings

    Date: Tue, 18 Dec 90 13:31:46 MST
    From: drstrip@cs.sandia.gov (David R Strip )

    The first time that I use the compiler after booting,  I get
    the following error message the first time the compiler hiccups.
    (It would keep giving this message except that I do s-sh-C and
    tell it to store *standard-output* as the value of t.

    What gives?

Something is doing

(present <function-name> 'sys:function-spec :stream t ...)

The PRESENT function doesn't support the T abbreviation for standard
output (IMHO, Common Lisp probably should have discarded this kludge).

The only place this happens in the generic compiler (I don't have an
Ivory, and it looks like your error happened on one) is in
COMPILER:PRINT-FUNCTION-NAME.  It is directly or indirectly called by
COMPILER:PROCESS-DELAYED-WARNINGS and COMPILER:WARN-1, both of which
specify *ERROR-OUTPUT* as the stream.

Could you be somehow binding *ERROR-OUTPUT* to T?

Without the rest of the backtrace, it's hard to tell where it's screwing
up.

                                                barmar