Simple Accept Question

    Date: Wed, 19 Dec 90 13:40:39+0900
    From: kddlab!harl86.harl.hitachi.co.jp!mklein@uunet.uu.net (mklein)

    I would like to suppress the echo produced by the "accept" function when
    an item is selected using the mouse. Is there a simple way to do it? I
    Can I rebind *standard-output* to the symbolics equivalent of /dev/null
    (if there is such a thing) for the duration of the accept call?

The equivalent is to bind it to 'si:null-stream.

    Is there another, more straightforward way?

Yes:  binding cp:*default-command-accelerator-echo* to NIL.

					--Kanef