XL1200 Crashes into FEP

    Date: Thu, 3 Jan 91 10:29 CST
    From: ian@iexist.att.com

    I'm experiencing an XL1200 problem, where (consistently) from some spot
    in some code, the system will "crash"; going all the way through the
    FEP, just like someone cycled the power. No pause in the debugger or
    chance to poke around in the FEP itself -- the machine is gone -- even
    the screen crackles like a power reset.

See the document examiner for:  "Autoboot Delay FEP Command" You are getting
an error that drops you into the fep which then reboots.  If you set the delay
time for a longer period of time, you will be able to debug your problem using
the fep debugger.

The problem is interesting
    because it becomes very hard to debug. As it so happens, the same code
    will oft times run on a 3600 type machine.

    It often seems to happen in code that may be (erroneously) using up the
    stack, but that sort of thing used to usually land you in the debugger
    for at least a look at where the problem manifested itself. It would
    appear that something is no longer as carefully wrapped as it is on the
    3600 machines.

    I'm curious, if this is a known problem (in which case maybe it can be
    characterized, so that I can better avoid or find it)? Has anyone else
    had this sort of problem on XL1200s (or other Ivory type machines)?

    Ian Bruce