Japanese flame

I stand corrected.  But you'll notice I never directly said that Japanese is
tonal, just that the Japanese are more likely to think of tonal computers.
Because they live much closer than us to China, of course.

OK, the truth is that I wasn't sure whether Japanese was tonal, so I worded
the connection vaguely.  And I agree that Japanese language courses should be
offered in more high schools, and I also think there should be comparative
language classes so that even students who choose another language would be
less ignorant about Japanese than I and most of us are.  Americans thinking
that English is the only language anyone should have to know is almost as bad
as UNIX programmers thinking that C should be a universal standard.

					--Kanef