Symbolics system support?

    Date: Tue, 5 Feb 91 10:05 PST
    From: Stephen L Nicoud <snicoud@atc.boeing.com>

	Date: 5 Feb 91 15:04:24 GMT
	From: dmitchell@APCTRC.msc.edu (Donald H. Mitchell)

	The other problem detail: after you cold boot, once you select a zmail window,
	it's a true pain to get the window to appear on any other console until you
	reboot even if you only have one console at a time....

    To get the ZMail Window on another screen, I go to Peek and kill
    any ZMail window which might exist on another screen.  Then I do
    the Select Activity.  I haven't found it necessary to kill the
    process.

I was wondering whether this works (because I've done it).  The catch for this
procedure, however, is that the zmail window has to show up in peek.  If
you've closed the X console, the window no longer shows up; therefore, you
have to kill it in peek before halting the X screen.  I've tried sending a
:kill message to the window object after closing the X screen but that just
results in sheet lock (I think it gets confused about superiors).  Thanks for
the good suggestion (now I'll have to figure out how to put it into my logout
list).

    I have found, however, that when displaying ZMail on my Sparc X
    screen (running twm or olwm or uwm), the left-mouse click does
    not invoke any response in the message window and when composing
    messages, .  Shift, Control, Meta, etc with left mouse work fine.
    It's just plain ol' left-mouse that doesn't.

My left-mouse works in zmail under twm and olwm (I haven't tried motif or uwm).

    Stephen
    --
    Stephen L Nicoud  <snicoud@atc.boeing.com>  uw-beaver!bcsaic!snicoud
    Boeing Advanced Technology Center for Computer Sciences

Don Mitchell			dmitchell@trc.amoco.com
Amoco Production Company	(918) 660-4270
Tulsa Research Center
P.O. Box 3385, Tulsa, OK 74102