Installation problem.

I'm being stymied by an installation problem that I can't seem to find
the documentation for.  Can someone help out or point out where I should
look or do?  I'm installing Symbolics machines on two different subnets
and the routers between these nets do not forward chaos packets.  I want
to have only one primary namespace server.  The :set site command asks
for a chaos address, not an internet address and therefore is useless.
Am I going to be forced to have a primary namespace server for each
subnet?