incremental redisplay of graphs outside program frameworks?

I'm trying to do an incremental redisplay of a changing graph.  It's a big one,
so I only want to re-draw the changed parts.

Using the manual examples I can do this just fine in a program framework.  But
I'd like to do it in a regular dynamic window.  I've tried wrapping
dw:redisplayer and dw:redisplayable-present et al. macros around things, but
can't find the magic combination.

If you can shed light, or forward snips of appropriate code, I'd be most
appreciative.

Thanks,						--Hans
						tallis@ai.mitre.org