TELNET to Unix Emacs

    Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1991 11:50 EST
    From: jclose@potomac.ads.com (Jeff Close)

    Greetings, all.

    I got tired of typing escape-characters to emacs when I terminal to
    unix machines from the LISPM.  This patches the telnet character
    typein filter to convert meta-chars to the sequence ESCAPE-followed-
    by-char.  It has probably appeared here before, but in case not, here
    it is for anyone's use.  Please pardon the length -- it was borderline
    whether to just post a note or include the code.

    Jeffrey

This functionality has been included in Genera since 8.0.