TELNET to Unix Emacs

    Date: Wed, 6 Mar 91 10:09:22 EST
    From: ptw@whirlwind.scrc.symbolics.com (Tucker Withington)

    Perhaps I misunderstood what jclose was after.  He only said when he
    "terminal"-ed to Unix, not when he TELNET-ed.  I won't argue Unix with
    you, but many people don't know that they have to tell EMACS to accept
    meta characters too, since it also will gladly strip the high-order
    bit. (In GNU-emacs you need (setq meta-flag t) in your .emacs).

You read the text, I read the subject line.  I inferred that he was
using the Terminal program to connect to a Unix system using TELNET over
TCP/IP.

                                                barmar