Edit System is anti-modularity

	Date: Wed, 8 May 1991 09:30 EDT
	From: Tom Shepard <Shepard@MCKENZIE.S&C.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>

	:required-systems allows you to establish dependencies among
	several systems without having to lock in a specific version number,
	as would happen if one system were a component system of the oth-
	er.

	(defsystem registrar
	  (:pretty-name "Automatic Registration System"
	   :short-name "Registration"
	   :default-pathname "reg:reg;"
	   :required-systems "Scheduling Utilities")...)

When I load a system that depends on another, my :required-systems seems
to be ignored and the system is happily loaded.  Does this work under
8.0 ? Are the names for :required-systems :pretty-names or :short-names
?

Thanks, Steve