lisp book? Sticky mouse?

Two questions:

(1) Any recommendations for a good introductory lisp book for someone
fairly experienced with C, unix, VMS ?  I used to like the second
edition of LISP by Winston and Horn but that was some time ago and I
dunno what's now available.

(2) I have a Hawley X063X Mark II mouse (steel ball) that sticks now
and then.   Is it reasonable to take off the bottem plate and try to
clean it up? or am I asking for trouble?  What solvent should I use?
(we're no longer on a Symbolics hardware maintenance contract).

regards,
Joe