Network communication

We have a Symbolics 3640 connected on one subnet at the University
I am at.  We have UNIX host that we wish to communicate with over
IP/TCP that is on another subnet.

When trying to use the network communications from the Symbolics, we
get that it can not find a gateway to the UNIX host.

We have found software in the network manual for a
  TCP-GATEWAY CHAOS TCP-GATEWAY
service.  We, however, do not have a LISP machine on the
other subnet that can be the gateway on a CHAOS protocal.

Is there a way to set up a TCP or UDP protocal gateway so that
we can get to this other UNIX host?  Communication works fine
to UNIX hosts that are on the same subnet; the problem is
across subnets.

Has anyone successfully done this communication?  Is there something
that we need to put in the namespace, network, or host objects
to tell the TCP software about the second subnet?

Thanks.

-Heather

*******
| Heather D. Pfeiffer             | e-mail:  hdp@nmsu.edu   |
| Computing Research Laboratory   | Voice:   (505) 646-5782 |
| New Mexico State University     |              or         |
| Las Cruces, New Mexico  88003   |          (505) 646-4143 |